Scalar is hiring an Associate in their valuation consulting team. The Associate position will be responsible for performing business valuations and statistical financial modeling for tax, financial reporting, and transaction advisory purposes.
Desired Skills & Experience
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform valuations for financial reporting and tax compliance purposes including purchase price allocations, goodwill impairment analysis, common stock valuations, derivative valuations, solvency opinions, and fairness opinions.
- Interact with clients, auditors, legal counsel, board members, and institutional investors to complete valuation engagements in a timely, professional, and efficient manner.
- Effectively manage multiple valuation engagements from start to finish, including due diligence and management interviews, financial modeling, and report creation and review.
- Prior work experience (1 – 3 years) in valuation
- Highly self-motivated and able to maintain a high degree of autonomy while also contributing to a dynamic team environment
- Able to learn independently and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Able and willing to work long hours
- Have obtained or willingness to obtain valuation credentials (e.g. ASA, CVA or CFA)
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business management, or economics
Base salary, annual bonus, health insurance, and a company matched 401(k).